MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

More progress on block 4

My photography skills on this one obviously are sadly lacking, but here you go anyway...




This one is all straight stitches with either a French knot or a bead in the center
















Another one that is entirely made up of straight stitches.  You could replace the red stitches with lazy daisies.

Today the quote is from Elizabeth Zimmermann..."Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either"  (and I think the same thing could be said about crazy quilting!)

8 comments:

  1. I definitely have to do some crazy quilt stitching. Your designs are great. When the arm is better, I will get on to that. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MA, somewhere along the line I missed that you work with Crazy Quilting Quarterly! Wow, congratulations! What exactly is your role? I love the little lavendar sachets and had to print off the directions. They are adorable! I also really like this set of stitches. The arches and lines are so pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing your graph charts really make the CQ seam stitches look doable. The seams look great. I am not a toddler but those mouse mittens are super cute. Happy Stitching Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. More lovely seam treatments Mary Anne. Thank you for the information about the Calendar entries.... I wonder if I will have time this year.... last year I kept promising myself but didn't find the time.... you know how it is! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your lovely seam ideas! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, love the stitching - especially the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely designs, Mary Anne! Thank you for all your links, especially love the lavender sachets!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG - that cat crochet pattern is to die for!!! Thanks for the link! My, you're just zipping along on those Courtship blocks! Lovely seam work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.