MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Filling in

Today I have filled in three sections on block three...




It seems I'm living proof that things happen in three's (and I'm not talking about the embroidery examples above!!).  First, I managed to break a piece off a tooth....then I noticed the band on my watch was hanging by a mere thread....and then I cracked the glass cover on our old mantel clock while I was changing the battery.  I think that should be it for awhile!!

Some mumblings...

- if you have someone in your family who likes Batman, there are some free patterns HERE that could be adapted quite easily to cross stitch or beading.

- HERE is a cute little bookmark project - easy and quick to make!

- If you are like me and have wondered how to get a thread knot to snug up to something like a bead, have a look at THIS.  It's easy if you know how!!

- I know THIS is a jewelry piece, but wouldn't it be perfect stitched onto a crazy quilt?  Or how about some of THESE?  By simply doing an online search for beading patterns for jewelry you can find hundreds of possibilities for additions to your crazy quilting!

Today the quote is from Hans Hansen...."It takes nothing to join the crowd.  It takes everything to stand alone"





7 comments:

Quinn said...

That is a nifty trick for making a knot right where you want it! Thanks for sharing the link!

Cathy said...

So sorry to hear that you broke a tooth! Drat getting old!! LOL. But look on the bright side - at least you're not in the USA now! (Hey, can we trade Trump for Justin Trudeau?)

Jillayne said...

So, so, so pretty (I can do things in three too!). Such fine workmanship here, and so delightful to look at!

Christine Barnsley said...

Sorry to hear about all the mishaps! Hope that is you done for some while!! Beautiful details being added Mary Anne, I love the delicate little butterfly.... gorgeous! Christine x

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely filling stitches, Mary Anne!
Very quick bookmark - so simple! Love the beads! Clever quote!
Barbara x

Boud said...

You're great at finding links. I am impressed at the knot and bead one. Easy when you know how! That's a clever piece of engineering.

Baa. xxx said...

3 things happening like that is definitely enough. Glad you didn't lose your watch!