MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Doll start!

The 'rules' for the latest Art Doll Coolaberation include starting a doll using mixed media (which can include fabric) and not creating an entire doll base - for example, create a torso and head; or a torso and legs; or head and torso.  The remaining body parts will be added (or not!) by the other participants in the group.  Fun!!!

My doll start is complete and here she/he is.....

This is definitely out of my comfort zone, but that's the purpose of this project (at least in my mind).  The doll thus far has been created using parts from an old 70's era table lamp.  The black at the bottom (legs???) was originally an ugly brass but a coat of black spray paint soon made that better - the middle part (torso??) is glass - also a piece of the lamp.

I have spent the entire afternoon pondering ideas for the accompanying journal and hopefully I'll be able to work on that tomorrow.  I have an idea in mind and just have to make it work!!

If you're interested in seeing some more about this absolutely fun project go here and also think about following so you don't miss the updates as they happen!

8 comments:

  1. I can definitely see this as a doll, but then, you know how I think..... :D
    Actually, I can see it as a quite pretty doll!

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what this doll ends up looking like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, exiting. This is going to be fun to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun! I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes! I love art dolls. Have got to get going on some. Hugs to you dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see how this little lady turns out??!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG now I would be really scared if this arrived in my mailbox. I will be definitely following this to see all the artistic minds at play.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a fun way to expands one imagination...hugs to you my dear. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very neat starting point... I can't wait to see how it develops! I can see it as a very pretty pedestal type doll... oh my, all the possibilities! You have a wonderful creative imagination :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.