MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, September 28, 2026

Bubble, bubble.....

 Over the weekend the RC and I made two batches of zucchini relish.  The smaller jars and several of the larger ones are for Christmas gifting.  Togetherness in all things at Chez Magpie - the RC does the chopping and I do the actual processing.  If you want the recipe, it's HERE.


- THIS looks like something cozy you could make for fall.

- I wish I had known THIS when we still had a garden!

- Hmmmm - sometimes something just defies logic, but on the other hand, perhaps it's a good idea?  Go HERE.

- If you know someone who uses a walker, perhaps they'd appreciate THIS.

Today's quote...




14 comments:

  1. that walker pattern is neat. My mother has a seat and back band on her walker so not sure if this would work on hers though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there are other designs for walker caddies, so perhaps doing a google search might yield one tht woul work for your Mother.

      Delete
  2. You have been busy with your Autumn canning;))) Zucchini relish sounds amazing..
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a family favourite so heaven help us if there isn't some tucked in with their Christmas gifts.

      Delete
  3. The walker caddy is a good idea. I wonder if there are any good ideas for crutches. A friend is having to use them just now, and just getting a cup of tea is a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm - you'd think some enterprising soul would come up with a crutch-friendly version....well then....I just consulted with google and there are! At least there are commercial versions available.

      Delete
  4. The illustration made me laugh! Nice walker caddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't made that relish in years, but we did enjoy it. The jars will make excellent Christmas gifts.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly our favourite and we make two batches every year.

      Delete
  6. The ruana looks interesting to make in a quilt pattern too o use up fabric remnants.
    May

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yumm! I can't can and I admire everyone who does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do a lot of canning when we had the cold cellar at the house. Now I have to limit what I do to what we can fit into our small secondary fridge.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.