MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Another finish

 It's almost impossible to get a decent picture for you, and this is the best I can do...

This little puffer fish measures about 8" from his mouth to the tip of his tail.  Our 3 year old grandie loves the 'Pout Pout Fish' books which are based on a puffer fish so I thought he needed a stuffie that resembles one.  Pattern is THIS one.  It's an English pattern so I had to convert it to Canadian/US crochet terms.  

And, when I was going back through my blog I came across the first 'idea' I had for The Quilt.  Very glad I didn't go with it as you can see from this...


- Now that we're all pretty much back to carrying our own bags to do our shopping, perhaps one or more of THESE might come in handy.

- Summer is approaching on this side of the world, so one of THESE might be a good addition to your wardrobe.  There are more possibilities HERE

- THIS looks like such a fun project that adults and kids alike would have fun doing.

- HERE is another great little project.

Today the quote is by Terry Tempest Williams..."Once upon a time there was the simple understanding that to sing at dawn and to sing at dusk was to heal the world through joy.  The birds still remember what we have forgotten, that the world is meant to be celebrated"



20 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love that puffer fish. He's going to love it. I have to agree that you made the better choice with how to use those hexies. It was worth the wait. I've made tile coasters with alcohol inks in the past, but never thought to use the plastic jugs - thanks for the link. And I'm adding that quote to my collection. I love hearing the birds in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rather like the puffer fish too - hopefully he'll love it too. And yes, I'm glad I waited for a better quilt design to come along - I doubt I would ever have been happy with the previous one.

      Delete
  2. The birds have only just started up here. Must be mating season. They're goal oriented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely mating season for some of them. As I type this it's snowing heavily outside so I feel really sorry for the wee robins who have just returned. They must be wondering what's going on!

      Delete
  3. Adorable little puffer Fishie;))) Love the crocheted sun hats...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were one to wear hats, there are several in that second link that I would like.

      Delete
  4. Ooooh… that puffer fish is just too cute!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Awww Puffer!
    You are talented.
    All nice links, a crochet summer hat will be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I admire the talent of those that create the patterns for fun things like a puffer fish. I can follow a pattern but can't create my own...sadly.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous11:43 AM

    Sherry of createology: I immediately smiled when your blog opened and I saw “Pout Pout Fish”. This is so super adorable! Oh I am so glad you changed the design of your Hexie Quilt. Fun links…who knew Sharpies and Alcohol could play so well together. We all should begin singing at dawn and dusk and maybe our world would improve. Blessings Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pout Pout Fish series of books is excellent for little ones so I was happy when I found that pattern. And I'm certainly glad I changed the design for the quilt too. I don't think I would have ever been happy with the first version.

      Delete
  7. What a cute puffer fish, and what a talented Grandma to get that made so quickly.

    I like your quilt design much better.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally can crochet fairly fast so it didn't take long to make the little guy. I'm much faster with crochet than I am with knitting and sometimes wonder if I shouldn't try to teach myself the continental style to see if it's faster.

      Delete
  8. The puffer fish is too cute! And I really like that first bag in the first link. Been itching to crochet again, and now I'm thinking I might try my hand at making a new market bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Market bags are a great way to play about with crochet with the added bonus of creating something useful. Hope you make one!

      Delete
  9. This little puffer fish is just adorable and I like the finished version of the quilt! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I held off on finishing the hexie quilt because I know I wouldn't have been happy with this layout. The new one is much better I think.

      Delete
  10. Sweet little puffer fish, puffed perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope our grandie will like him! He's currently enthralled with fish and loves the 'Pout Pout Fish' books.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.