MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Where angels fear to tread?

I was casting about to find something to post about today and so I thought I'd be brave and show you my little corner of the living room where I sit in front of the tv and either knit, crochet or read at nights.  


Just a few words of explanation - the blue 'blob' on the left is a corner of my chair and the black 'blob' on the right is the corner of the end table.  In between is my mess - the pink and grey (back left) is a sweater I'm working on for the baby and the Janet basket to the right is *supposed* to hold my knitting project but instead it currently has my zippered pouch I use when I'm knitting socks, my yarn bowl and a plastic sectioned container that holds such important things as cable needles and stitch markers.  In front of that is a ball of red yarn I'm auditioning to maybe make myself a scarf of some sort, and the bag to the right of that is currently holding a baby afghan I'm working on.  

And speaking of baby things, I just finished putting the binding on the wee baby quilt and this is the result....

Nothing spectacular about it - just a panel and coordinating 5" squares.  Here's the backing....


It's a lovely soft minky fabric.  Soft, but a brute to hand stitch through.  Good thing I machine quilted the quilt and only had to hand stitch the binding!

The quote, from Gandhi..."When the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace"


18 comments:

  1. You have a cozy and creative corner there. And I just love the quilt, it's amazing. How I admire you for being able to make something that lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There wasn't much effort in making that quilt - using a pre-made panel makes it really easy!

      Delete
  2. Aw! Gorgeous baby quilt!
    Your corner has me thinking...yarn project cabinet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As for a project cabinet (or cart like yours!) - it wouldn't fit in the space that's there. I can tuck all this mess in behind my chair and it's out of sight - more or less!

      Delete
  3. Your corner and my corner look very similar. Add in my Bible for prayer in the mornings, and a wireless key board to turn my TV into a computer.

    The baby blanket is so cute.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine a lot of us have similar corners! My Bible is in the bedside table so I can read in quiet and didn't know such a thing as a wireless keyboard could turn a tv into a computer....technology and I don't see eye to eye.

      Delete
  4. The baby quilt with be a treasure to your Grand-daughter, long after she outgrows it. Great quote by Ghandi- would be good if more people followed it. Love the felt link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she will grow to like it, but you can't always predict what little ones will latch onto.

      Delete
  5. The baby quilt turned out so cute!! I have a basket next to my chair (and a small drawer in my side table) in which I keep my “necessities” for reading, stitching, list-making, etc. it’s real life, after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought my Janet basket would serve that purpose and was quite proud of myself for indulging myself with one. Funny how my 'stuff' has managed to STILL find its way onto the floor!

      Delete
  6. I like to see that a small space is all you need to make wonderful things. Not counting storage of course..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's just my knitting/crocheting space - I have a whole 'nother room that's fabric oriented!

      Delete
  7. Love seeing your corner of the living room with all your creative bits and pieces! The new baby quilt is really cute and I am sure it will be well loved! Have a great weekend! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bits and pieces - guess that sounds better than a mess!

      Delete
  8. Your TV area is so much better controlled than mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah - you will note that I didn't show you my sewing room!!!

      Delete
  9. I love that baby quilt. The little animals are so sweet. What a wonderful heirloom you are creating. And thank you for sharing that felt artist. I thoroughly enjoyed that browse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with those little animals too - simply couldn't resist using that panel.
      Glad you enjoyed the felt artist!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.