MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

One of those things

The progress on the landscape is happening but right now I'm at a crossroads and wondering if I will tear part of it away and start over.  Trying to create a reflection in water is, I'm discovering, not as easy as it looks!


 AND - just to add a little more interest to our lives, it seems as though the latest changes in the format at Blog-grrr has ended up allowing some pretty disgusting spam comments to get through their system.  Perhaps, if you don't already, it's time to set your blog so that you have to moderate comments just to stop any of the 'ick' from slipping through.  

- Never let it be said that this isn't a full-service blog!  Or some would say that it's more like it's totally out in left field.  Either way....did you know there is such a thing as poisonous courgettes/zucchini???  Pretty much any type of squash really.  I know I certainly didn't!  You might want to check out THIS to find out more.  

- And further on the out-in-left-field items that you often find here, how about checking THESE out.  Something to do with your spare time??

- A further note to the ongoing 'discussion' about Ravelry, please go and read the comment from Quinn that appears on my previous post.  

- Just for some sheer fun, scroll down through THIS blog.  

- And scrolling down through THESE is fun too!

- I don't know if any of you would find THIS to be useful.

Today's quote...."The secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be"


20 comments:

  1. I think you're headed in the right direction with the reflection....I scrolled back and forth with the actual photo and I think yours looks pretty good but I know how "we" creative lot are and if you aren't happy with it you will definitely decide to try again...lol...interesting article about the squash...and thanks from the rest of us who are perpetually out in left field....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I live my life out in left field (as anyone who knows me will attest!) so that explains the complete and total 'squirrel' moments that happen on this blog on a regular basis. Never mind, I'm happy here.....

      Delete
  2. Your truck reflection is coming along so well--I once saw a quilt which was a whole lot of reflections of trees and grasses and was amazed at how they could do that in fabrics! Challenging...
    Stay safe Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's proving to be somewhat of a challenge but I never let it be said that I'm not willing to at least try. My mother was a firm believer in the old adage - 'if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again' and that could very well be what's coming. This afternoon will tell the tale!

      Delete
    2. I live by the adage that "If at first you don't succeed you are normal".

      Love the subject matter.

      Delete
    3. Yep - I guess that might mean there's a small element of normal in me. Who knew?
      And you SHOULD love the subject matter because after all it's your photo I'm working from!

      Delete
  3. I am still trying to get over how awesome your header picture is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the progress of your landscape, Mary Anne. I think the reflection in the water is cool...what don't you like about it?? Who knew one could get food poisoning from the humble zucchini or squash. Gosh, we have been growing them for years. As for Blogger, I always moderate the comments as you never know when rogue comments pop up. As they can appear in posts from years back and you would never know, just to be safe moderating comments is a must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reflection has changed quite a bit since this photo was taken. Stay tuned to see what happens next! Comment moderation has become more and more necessary it seems. I feel badly about it but I also don't like spam so there's not much choice.

      Delete
  5. Have you thought of using sheer fabrics for reflections? I've combined sheers and doing extra shading with coloured pencils lightly shaded where it's needed. My few cents worth. Hope it adds to your repertoire of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your few cents - much appreciated! Actually I did use tulle overlay which I think helps. Once it's quilted it will look different too. Can't live without coloured pencils either!

      Delete
  6. I like how the reflection is looking and I am keen to see how it evolves! Great quote today Mary Anne! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. I'm interested to see how it evolves too!

      Delete
  7. Hi Maryanne your truck is looking fantastic,oh I wasn't aware of the spam ,not a nice thing to be happening ,spammers need to get a life ,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the spam is pretty disgusting and seems to be getting through since Blog-grrr changed things. Something more to be aware of and deal with.

      Delete
  8. Spam seems to arrive in waves, none, then all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, it does seem to come in waves. This is the worst as far as being smutty of any I've received. Really explicit.

      Delete
  9. I think the reflection you've got going there looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a start but not where I want it quite yet

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.