MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, May 03, 2019

Mystery solved!

And the mystery is solved!  Here is what I made using those two round robin crazy quilt blocks I showed you the other day.....




















These two little zippered bags (using 11" square blocks as their base) are handy for so many things.  I recently purchased some nice short sock-knitting needles which I have discovered tend to go AWOL on occasion, so I decided a nice little bag to carry my sock project in might be something useful.  Not only did I get a couple of nice little bags but I used up two blocks that had been lurking in storage for far too long.  Definitely a win/win!!!  Even better?  Everything came from my stash!


Today the quote is from C.S. Lewis..."You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending"



15 comments:

  1. Sock knitting bags! Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought some new shorter knitting needles for socks and they're entirely too easy to lose - hence the bags!

      Delete
  2. Great idea for the blocks! The free bag patterns - might have to share that one! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great use-it-up project and left me with something useful at the end. Definitely a win/win!

      Delete
  3. Great idea ...you showcase your CQ while knitting socks! Thanks for the link to SFSND I just might do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm - I never thought of it quite that way, but you're right!

      Delete
  4. Love these little pouches Mary Anne and they are perfect for carrying sock projects in!! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could be used for pretty much anything I suppose, but for my purposes they're perfect for socks or other small knitting projects.

      Delete
  5. Your new Banner looks Wonderful Dear. You are so clever using the CQ squares to make little bags. Those tiny knitted items are beyond incredible! I like this quote and I may just be working on a new ending because “I CAN”!!! Crumb sewing???Oy Vey that would be very tedious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new banner ended up a tad large but oh well. I don't know how to resize it, so it is what it is. I might have made bags to carry small knitting projects but nothing as small as the ones in that link!!!

      Delete
  6. Might not drink enough tea in a day to get through 1200 bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't drink enough tea in five years to get through that many bags! I like tea, but not that much.

      Delete
  7. Might not drink enough tea in a day to get through 1200 bags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They make perfect project bags. Love the back fabrics, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're perfect for what I wanted them for anyway. As for the back fabrics - my stash never ceases to amaze me with what it will yield when I want it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.