I'm sure many of you will remember me pointing you towards a wonderful You Tube video of a grandma reading a book called 'Wonky Donkey' to her grandson (if you haven't seen it, just google it!). Anyway, I ordered a copy of the book for our #2 grandson for Christmas because it's just too funny to pass up. Lucky me, I stumbled across a really cute crocheted donkey pattern so, being the doting grandmother I am, I simply HAD to make one to go along with the book. (what else can a grandmother do?)
Because the wonky donkey in the book has 'issues' I thought it was fitting that my first attempt at his head resulted in this...
The second attempt was MUCH better!
The book is 'The Wonky Donkey' by Craig Smith.
The pattern is by Gaelle Quemener of Du Reve A La Creations and can be found HERE.
- THIS is what looks to be an excellent method of calculating how to make a sweater in any weight of yarn and in any size.
- THESE are rather cute little snowmen.
- There are a whole lot of watercolor tutorials HERE.
- THIS is a rather interesting take on making snowflakes - cloth, not paper!
- There are lots of Christmas quilt patterns HERE.
- And finally, just for the sheer fun of it....check THIS out (and think of the cross stitch possibilities!)
Today your quote is from Maya Angelou... "We must support each other and empathize with each other because each of us is more alike than we are unalike"