MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, November 16, 2018

A finish!

Some of you may remember me showing you a t-shirt quilt I was working on awhile ago that will be a Christmas gift for our #1 grandson who is four.  Yesterday I put the last stitch into the binding and here it is....done......!!!


This is the original picture I showed you before it was quilted and bound....


Now to start collecting more shirts for 
a quilt for #2 grandson when he graduates to 
his 'big boy bed'.


Today's quote is from John Wesley..."Do all the good you can...By all the means you can.....In all the ways you can.....In all the places you can....At all the times you can.....To all the people you can.....As long as ever you can"






13 comments:

  1. Oh, Mary Anne! That quilt is so cool! I can just imagine your grandson snuggle up under that. So soft and warm. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about the closest to making a sane quilt as I want to ever get! Took awhile to collect all the tshirts so I guess I'd better get started on amassing some more for our other grandson.

      Delete
  2. I love that quilt - a fine finish it is!I made a bow-tie quilt for my son when he was young, using all his shirts for the bow-tie blocks and cut-up pyjamas for the back - he loved that thing to rags and now, though he's 31 years old, it's been brought for mending...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish on the T-shirt quilt. He'll love it.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky little grandson, getting that lovely quilt!! I'm sure he will always love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your finish, wonderful fun!
    And the little yo-yo Christmas trees and glitter snowmen are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Logan's super hero quilt. A fabulous idea to use T-shirts. A wonderful finish, Mary Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt has turned out wonderful. Logan will be cozy in his big boy bed. I like this quote very much and I shall strive to do more good every day. So often life can be overwhelming and spoil the JOY of Good and Giving. Blessings Dear...XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made a traditional quilt? You must be crazy in love with these kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I can’t believe it’s been 5 days since I read your blog! What a SUPER awesome finish for your DGS! I’ve heard t-shirt quilts can be problematic, but you sure nailed it. Way to go, MA!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That quilt is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous gift for your grandson! Excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is fantastic, I hope he treasures it! I have plenty of tshirts I've collected from our boys, but not sure if I'd be able to put them together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.