....there are no photos of my Christmas pillow for you today. It was a horrible miserable dull day with only tiny little glimmers of sun - none of which happened when I was home to grab the camera. Fingers crossed for sun tomorrow and if there is, you will get pictures.
In the meantime, guess what?........ What? ......... You don't know? ...... Really?
Why yes. Mumblings it is. Again.
- SuperMomNoCape has an excellent tutorial HERE for a reversible tissue box cover. Another great project for stash busting and perhaps for Christmas gifting too.
- For those of you that knit and are Star Wars fans (or know someone who is) there's a really cute pattern HERE for a cool hat that any Star Wars 'person' would love to have.
- Gerry Krueger has an excellent article on her blog about seam allowances in crazy quilting and you can find that HERE.
- Mary Corbet has posted a pretty free pattern for a snowflake and that can be found HERE.
- There's a really sweet little chenille Christmas tree tutorial HERE. It says it's for kids, but I think it's something those of us who are kids at heart will like to create too! I know I'd like one.
As of this moment my social obligations surrounding the Christmas season are at an end and I have a few days to sit back and enjoy myself. There might be a couple of teeny little things happening in my sewing room, but otherwise I think there might just be more than a few cups of hot chocolate (some of it...shhh....might even be served with a little splash of Irish Cream...just for medicinal purposes you understand), maybe a few Christmas cookies being nibbled, and just general sloth-ism. Knowing me, it might last a day.
Today your quote is from Sigrid Undset...." And when we give each other Christmas gifts in His name, let us remember that He has given us the sun and the moon and the stars, and the earth with its forests and mountains and oceans - and all that lives and moves upon them. He has given us all green things and everything that blossoms and bears fruit and all that we quarrel about and all that we have misused - and to save us from our foolishness, from all our sins, He came down to earth and gave us Himself"