MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

back to crazy quilting....

First of all, there's a few things you might find interesting that I've found in my travels around the internet....

1.  There's a great recipe for making your own laundry detergent on Shawkl's site HERE.  I've often thought of trying one of the 'formulas' that I've seen and this one sounds particularly interesting.  Cheap too!!

2.  Mary Corbett has found a really interesting (and free) embroidery pattern book online.  It's one of the old ones and, therefore interesting to me.  Go HERE to have a look at some of the treasures inside the book and to find the link to access it.

3.  Also found via Mary Corbett is a good chart about how to identify fabrics with a burn test.  Go HERE for the printable chart (just remember not to burn your house down while you're experimenting!!).

- - - - - - - - - - -

And, as promised, a picture of 
my latest crazy quilting venture...


The background fabric is lightweight denim
(of the recycled sort, of course!!)




6 comments:

Boud said...

I made that laundry soap recipe a while back, and found it was pretty hopeless for our water supply. It created scum, and coated everything. Evidently that enormous family, the Duggars use this all the time as a cost saving item, but they have different water supply in Arkansas, harder or softer or something. Anyway, proceed with caution on this one! they use it for dishes, too, and I had the devil's own job getting the film off the glasses! so I heaved a sigh and went back to using commercial detergents.

Beedeebabee said...

Your QC is looking really lovely. I love your pretty stitching. I can't wait to see it finished...Thanks for all the tips, Sweetie! xo

karen said...

denim you say???? what else indeed....it's beautiful.

Suztats said...

Looking goood in the denim! Glad to see you're back to stitching.

FredaB said...

I love all your denim pieces. You really know how to put them together to the best advantage.

Hugs
FredaB

suziqu's thread works said...

Your tribute to Odin is absolutely amazing Mary Anne!
Love all the links you provide us with.
You are such a fantastic networker!
Thanks also dear friend for your sweet comments about the passing of our darling old Bessie.
Have a lovely Sunday!