MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Meet Arnie!

Would you believe this is a Christmas present done already? Meet Arnie, the cat doorstop. Isn't he cute? He is for an elderly lady I visit with who had a black & white cat when I first met her. Unfortunately the cat has passed away and her husband won't allow her to get another one. I thought this might make her feel better.
The pattern came from here: http://weefolkart.com

9 comments:

Doreen G said...

That is beautiful MA.

Kimara@weefolkart said...

LOL - You are sooooo good... Christmas gifts already? I talk about doing that every year. Do I? Uh, nope! Anyway, Arnie turned out way cute! Although I know it can't take the place of a really kitty, I hope your friend enjoys him. I know I get very attached to things I make that have faces :) Thanks for sharing at Wee Folk Art!

Quilt Pixie said...

what a great gift! now to hide it so you aren't tempted to give it early, but not so well that you can't find it in December.... :-)

FredaB said...

Very cute and very thoughtful of you. As the gal above said, don't hide it too well. I can'tfind things I put away last week.

Hugs

FredaB

Marie Alton said...

Oh MA ... this is too precious!
I'm sure she'll love it too!
It has such personality! Thanks for sharing!

arlee said...

I immediately went and downloaded the pattern--he's SO cute. maybe he can be a companion for Selena:}

Anonymous said...

Just love Arnie..reminds me of my Fuzzy.
Mrs Noofy

Nellie's Needles said...

That's a cat with personality! Wonderful!

verobirdie said...

Beautiful! thanks for the link.