MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I'm baaaacccckkkkkkk!!!!!

Did you think I was never coming back? I was beginning to wonder myself. We've never felt so rotten for so long. I had to feel bad because I spent a week staring at the tv and doing NOTHING....ack! I couldn't even read a book!!

So...now I'm back (I hope!) and here is the promised picture of the wonderful paperweight that Paula sent me. The camera, for some reason, didn't want to focus properly on it. That lovely white dupioni silk (my absolute FAVE fabric in the world) was wrapped around it. Enlarging the picture might help you see the wonderful stitching Paula did. There are hundreds of french knots in the background, which is a tremendous feat in itself, much less the intriguing work she did on the rest of it. Thank you Paula!! Today I finally got to sit down in my studio and play a bit more with my denim/metal piece. This picture should have been taken outdoors in the sun in order for the metal to show up better, but I wanted to show you that I actually have done something.
You might want to check out a couple of things: Nellie of http://nelliedurand.blogspot.com has a post today titled "Our Biosphere Reserve". Take a look and be sure you scroll down to see how she did it. Fantastic work!
The other thing is that the latest 'issue' of Twist Collective is up at http://twistcollective.com if you'd like to check it out too.


7 comments:

arlee said...

YAY!!!! HEY SIS! Glad you're feeling betters. It's absidly horridous being so sick you can't be creative.
And i'm liking the denim and metal---and wondering where you will take it in exploration----hmmmm

Doreen G said...

I have been feeling the same MA in fact I'm off to see the Doc this afternoon--can't stand it when I can't create.
Love Paula's embroidery.

Nellie's Needles said...

Glad you're feeling better. It's a bummer to feel so bad there was not a stitch made.

Thanks for including the link to my Smoky Mountain quilt with those other wonderful pieces in your post.

paulahewitt said...

Im glad you are feeling better. Im also glad you liked the paperweight AND the wrapping 'paper' - i hope you will be a good 'greenie' and re-use it :)
the demin and metal looks great.

Marie Alton said...

YAY ... you're feeling better! I've missed you! Love the stitching on Paula's piece ... and very cool additions on your denim & metal piece.

Anonymous said...

Hey..good to see you still in the land of the living. Sorry you missed CQ'teers but March 25 is just around the corner. Thanks for the link to Nellie's Needles..remember her from my smocking days!
Mrs Noofy

disa said...

情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫