MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Hush Hush Project...Revealed







Remember my telling you a couple of weeks ago about projects I was working on that were being kept secret? Well, here they are! I made my boys each a memory album filled with pictures and memorabilia from their lives while they were at home and gave them to them for their birthdays this month. I just used common 3-ring binders, which I covered with some of the denim from my 'stash'. I used a couple of my 'stash' pockets and embroidered their names on the fronts. The back of the books have the logos for their favourite hockey teams (courtesy of Dollar Store paper napkins which I printed onto fabric using my computer). They seemed pleased with their gifts, so I guess it was worth three weeks of my time!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. Like the idea of the denim covers; very masculine. I'm sure they loved them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.