MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Well, I could...but I won't.....

 Sorry to disappoint you folks but I have nada to show you.  I *could* show you a picture of the landscape all sandwiched up and being basted but it looks the same as it did the last time you saw it (unless, of course, you count the addition of a few dozen pins).  I *could* show you the pile of quilt squares and that a few more have been buttonhole stitched.  I *could* show you the less-messy-looking couch in my sewing room which only happened because my friend was here for coffee yesterday and needed somewhere to sit.  

Yes, I could.   

But I'll spare you the sheer boredom of it all.

- HERE is another of those 'awwwww' things!  2023 is the Year of the Rabbit in the lunar calendar so this one is quite fitting.

- I love THIS!  

- There are some fun ideas HERE for repurposing Altoid tins

- I remember my mother making THIS when I was a kid.

- Must admit that THIS caught my eye, mainly because I am a one-woman demolition expert when it comes to needle threaders.  

Today's quote..."I have come to the conclusion that buying craft supplies and actually using them are two separate hobbies"

20 comments:

  1. That quotation is spot on. I make stuff all the time, but it never starts with shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try very hard not to do the shopping part of the equation because I know I pretty much always have what I need in my stash already. That's not to say that I am not forced to buy something once in awhile if my stash lets me down (case in point - the yarn that should be arriving today!)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11:28 AM

    I would like very much to see all those things you didn’t show us! I am refraining from bringing anything else into my little room studio this year. There’s plenty there already! Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee whiz - if you want to see the things I didn't show, you need to get a life my friend! Even I'm bored by me!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I think I'm trying to turn my house into my own personal craft store. I'm thinking those needle threaders would make a nice gift for my friends that sew. I've been struggling with not to break the one that I'm currently using - fingers crossed it lasts until the end of the project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a super power - I can break a needle threader with a single use! I would love some of the pretty ones in that link but I'm not about to buy the supplies to make any myself.

      Delete
  4. That quote is so funny and SO true!! My crafting and quilting are moving V E R Y slowly these days...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving slowly is okay - the fact that there's movement at all is a good thing!

      Delete
  5. you find the best ever links, love the bunny rabbit cross stitch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you saw something fun in the links!

      Delete
  6. I could definitely do with more needle threaders. I always break mine. The bunny is so cute.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Needle threaders, at least for me, are a waste of money. See above comment re my super power!

      Delete
  7. Anonymous10:13 PM

    Sherry of createology: This quote is right on…two hobbies…buying vs using. I also shred thread helpers. I wonder if these handmade beaded threaders would actually work and be useful more than once. Shall we try?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would make one to test but I don't have the correct fodder to do so and - yeah - there's that buying vs. using thing to take into account. IF the threaders don't work I'd have a bunch of components left to clutter up my stash. Sigh.

      Delete
  8. I am sure we have all been there when we have nothing to show, you find the greatest links, thank-you for that.
    Have a lovely week I am looking forward to seeing your next post.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy the links - I certainly have fun searching them out.

      Delete
  9. Well that sounds like me on Monday... just showing the second oval I made... but oh well! I hope this weekend will productive for both of us :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a social life gets in the way of productivity - or mundane things like having to go to the store. Sure slows down the creativity!

      Delete
  10. Fun Altoid ideas, I have lots and have only made one cross stitch/prayer box with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a candy person so rarely get my hands on Altoid tins. I've sometimes thought about buying them anyway, just for the tin.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.