MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Shhhhhhh........

 BEFORE I BEGIN, JUST A HEAD's UP....MY COMPUTER IS MAKING A STRANGE NOISE SO IF I HAPPEN TO DISAPPEAR FOR A BIT, DON'T BE CONCERNED!!!!  METHINKS IT'S ON THE WAY TO THE GREAT COMPUTER GRAVEYARD.  

Long-time readers of my mumblings will perhaps remember that I created a quiet book for each of our older grandies and this baby will be no exception, only this version can be a little more feminine than the other three.  Here are the first pages I've worked on...


This page is textures - things to touch!



Do kids even learn to tell time with real clocks anymore?  Oh well.....


A peek-a-boo page






Hard to believe just how time-consuming these can be!  But....oh such fun to do!! (If you want to see the other quiet book pages I created, just go to that category in my sidebar, click on it, and scroll through the posts)

Instead of a quote, I thought I'd share something that made me smile....



16 comments:

  1. Your quiet books are amazing. How fun to make a girlie one after all the boys. Lots of great links here…thank you dear. I just love this thought provoking Zebra! Stay Warm and Well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I must admit thinking in terms of girlie things is a nice thing! As for staying warm and well - doing my best...and the same to you!

      Delete
  2. I must swipe some of your quiet pages. Gotta get my Great Grand Baby's book made. I plan to make a set of softie letters (tut on my blog).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think too many of my quiet page ideas are originals - I just take an idea and then add to it to make it my own. Feel free to swipe!!!

      Delete
  3. That blog is thoughtful. Yes, I'm going to read her, too. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm always happy if someone finds something useful in the links I share.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the nice links
    Sorry your computer is making noise. Maybe it is dusty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the compressed air blow-out a couple of weeks ago and it was better but it's making the noise again so I suspect it might be old age. We'll see how long it lasts.

      Delete
  5. Love these little quiet books that you have made for your grandchildren Mary Anne. So cute! Really enjoyed reading that blog post from the first link. Very interesting concept and I think it applies across the board! It basically comes down to believing in yourself! Hugs Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making the quiet books but they aren't quick to make, that's for sure! And believing in ourselves is definitely a good thing.

      Delete
  6. Another very sweet project for your grandchild! Love Shel Silverstein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love him too and our boys did as well.

      Delete
  7. Hmmm, that Stash Less is ringing a chord in my ears.

    Love the book, especially the peek-a-boo page.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal is to reduce stash too - it's an ongoing goal but I don't seem to be making much headway.

      Delete
  8. Trying to catch up with all your creativity, Mary Anne... Lovely blanket in your previous post, and these quiet book pages are so clever. The peek-a-boo frog is delightful. :) Thanks for the link to Stash Less. I think I need to read all her articles on this subject. Pacing myself... ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly working my way through the Stash Less posts - lots of food for thought there. Pacing yourself - sounds like a good plan for me too!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.