Today I don't have any finishes to show you but there are several projects that are being worked on somewhat simultaneously.
First up, is a crocheted basket using the pattern/formula I linked to about a couple of posts ago. I'm working with three different yarns and it's already gobbled up one partial ball - woo hoo!
Next up is a knitting project that has been lurking in my stash basket for nearly ten years. When our #2 son and daughter-in-love moved out to BC they stopped at a yarn shop along the way and bought me a VERY expensive ball of muskox yarn (very very expensive yarn!) and I haven't been able to bring myself to actually USE it. Fondling, yes....mustering the courage to knit with it was a whole 'nother story. I would have the best of intentions but I never could quite find THE perfect pattern that would a) do it justice and b) suited my plain Jane knitting skills. It's taken me ten years to decide that the pattern that came with the ball of yarn was perfect. It's lace weight and isn't a fast knit by any means but oh how luxurious! I first thought a scarf would be ideal but I would be so afraid I'd lose it so a cowl is a much better choice I think.
The third project is, of course, the quiet book and here is the back cover. I will save the front cover to show you until after Monday because I'm not supposed to reveal her name until she's born.
- In these times of often lacking customer service I have to do a shout out to a wonderful company that goes above and beyond. Before Christmas I ordered a stuffed animal from HERE and was impressed that they shipped it to our #2 son and daughter-in-love very quickly. However, Canada Post fell down on the job and although it arrived to the postal sorting station in BC within a day or two, there it has languished....since Dec. 20th. The company has put a tracer on the package and it's nowhere to be found so they very promptly have shipped another one at no further cost to me, despite my offer to pay half the cost. After all, it's not their fault and so I thought it was only fair that I help with the costs. Now - one wonders....will Canada Post do their job this time?
- If you like chickens, have a scroll through THESE!
- THIS takes you to a PDF pattern for a really cute little bird pincushion.
- Have a peek through the colourful designs of THIS amazing artist.
- And THIS artist as well! First read about how she creates her designs and then explore her portfolio.
Today's quote..."To be kind is more important than to be right. Many times what people need is not a brilliant mind that speaks but a special heart that listens"