I spent much of the weekend working on the quiet book and finished a couple more pages....
First was the train which has several finger puppets to play with. There's a zipper across the top of the page for storing the puppets.
Second was the fish bowl. There's really not an aspect of 'play' with this one although I had originally thought there would be. I had planned to make sort of a 'snow globe' but once I got the little fish sewn on (buttons) I realized that any sort of glitter would just get caught on the fish and the sandpaper I used for the sand. So, it evolved into more of a peek through the 'glass' to see what's behind sort of thing.
Now I just have to finish the cover and decide what method I will use to put it all together.
- Some of you might find THIS article on sales cycles of interest.
- If you're like me and have a collection of doilies you don't know what to do with, perhaps one of the ideas HERE might spark an idea. I especially like the headboard! While you're there, check out her 'Upcycled and DIY' category - lots of fun ideas.
- HERE is another cute idea you could consider making for Valentine's Day.
- I talked about temperature blankets last time, and HERE are some links to crocheted versions.
- For the knitters who are a little reticent about attempting colour work, perhaps THIS might intrigue you.
- And I'm sure you have lots of scrap yarns left over from your Christmas knitting/crocheting so perhaps using some of them to make THIS might be fun (you'll have to scroll down to get the pattern).
Today's quote is from Nanea Hoffman..."If today gets difficult, remember the smell of coffee, the way sunlight bounces off a window, the sound of your favourite person's laugh, the feeling when a song you love comes on, the colour of the sky at dusk, and that we are here to take care of each other"