MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, October 06, 2021

In progress

 Today I don't have any finished projects to show so instead how be I share a few things I have in progress?  

First of all, the third advent calendar...




You'll note the use of pink-ish fabric for the border - doesn't look as though it should 'go' but it blends with the colours I used in the ornaments.




Still needs the hanging sleeve, the ornament storage pocket, and label

(oh, and the ornaments still need their final decorative stitching once I manage to source some metallic gold crochet cotton)

Second, 1 and  1/2 socks...

Third, a knitted baby afghan....



I usually have a couple of different types of projects on the go at any given time, primarily because I get bored with doing one thing, but also to save my hands somewhat.

Today's quote is from Mahatma Gandhi...."Keep your thoughts positive, because your thoughts become your words.  Keep your words positive because your words become your behaviour.  Keep your behaviour positive because your behaviour becomes your habits.  Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values.  Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny"


16 comments:

  1. I give you a lot of credit for keeping track of those different projects. We started cleaning out a storage room last fall and I found so many starts. I'm getting to them little by little. Some of them will be abandoned I'm sure. And there's always more to clean out it seems as some no longer have any usefulness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apartment life means I don't have a whole lot of space for hiding UFO's. I pretty much only have three or four things on the go at any one time and tend to finish them before adding something else to my dance card. Having said that, there's a bag sitting behind me that holds the much-maligned hexie project that never has managed to make known what it wants to grow up to be. I loved making the hexies but putting them together is a whole 'nother jar of pickles.

      Delete
  2. So I'm not the only one with a little buildup of hexies in various sizes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently not. I love the making of them, but can't for the life of me come up with something to actually DO with them.

      Delete
  3. I got part way through a project today, but I will have to put it away until the sons leave on Monday (Christmas gift for one), and I am slowly hand quilting a rather large quilt wishing now that I had done it on the sewing machine.

    Love that spool storage case.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hand quilting isn't my thing for sure - not something I've had much occasion to do so perhaps that's why I'm not good at it.

      Delete
  4. Love the glow in the dark art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun, for sure. I'd like to try it.

      Delete
  5. The third advent calendar seems so very special. You surely must be enjoying working in pink. How beautiful the baby afghan will be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a lover of pink per se and fortunately our son and daughter-in-love aren't overly traditional in their colour choices so I think it's going to be fun. The baby afghan is about as 'pink' as I dare go.

      Delete
  6. The third calendar is looking fabulous Mary Anne. I like the pink and it sets it apart from the others which is nice. Love the baby afghan too and the socks look lovely and warm. Hope you enjoy the rest of the week! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know if I would be happy with using the pink-ish fabric for the binding but it does blend very nicely with the colours I used in the cross stitched ornies so it's good in the end.

      Delete
  7. Mary Anne Dear you are beyond Super Grandma with so many wonderful handmade gifts. Love the fiber art link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super Grandma - hah hah. Well, I think my grandies are pretty darned super too so it's even I think.

      Delete
  8. You are so diligent - getting so many handmade gifts made. And they are beautiful, too. Would love to be a member of your family - always wondering what you might make for gifting next. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I created a monster many years ago when I first started making pretty much all my gifts. Back then it was a cost-saving measure but now they've grown to expect it and there's a huge hue and cry if I succumb to the lure of the commercial stores.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.