First of all, I made these pillowcases over the weekend for three little 'grandies' who just need to have something fun to sleep on. I used the burrito method from THIS great tutorial.
Second, the mailman brought me a wonderful parcel all the way from the US stuffed full of wonderful buttons for my collection and inspiration. The little green frogs are already in a baggie with some baby yarn to make a wee sweater. Thank you Liz - you know I'll find a use for all of these!!!!
- Sometimes I stumble across something that utterly astounds me and THIS is one of those things. Who knew?
- Some of you, no doubt, are familiar with RAOK's (Random Acts of Kindness) and possibly took part in sending little surprises in the mail to unsuspecting people. With the huge increases in postal rates most of us were forced to stop. I came across THIS and thought what a great idea the little crocheted items are. I've seen this done in the winter with people making scarves and hats and leaving them for people to find, as well as leaving books on park benches.
- Some of THESE would make great front porch Halloween decorations!
- Have to admire those who come up with really creative ideas for recycling common items like THESE.
- Karen Ruane, embroider extraordinaire, has just announced her newest online class and you can find out more in her post HERE.
- THESE are rather cute - and a good use for scraps and a quick gift.
Today's quote...."Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant with the weak and wrong. Sometime in your life, you will have been all of these"