MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, May 21, 2021

#2 - 4

 I've added some more little cross stitch designs to my advent calendar collection as you can see...


Sorry it's not such a great photo!  I'm hoping that I can come up with two different designs for each (ie. 2 snowmen, 2 Rudolph's, etc).  I know as I get towards the end that's likely to not happen but for the most part I'm going to try.

- I must admit that THIS intrigued me, not that I have need of such a thing but nevertheless it's rather fun!

- Many of us are facing another stay-at-home summer so perhaps you might find THIS tutorial useful.

- THESE would make wonderful gifts - and the designs can be used in a myriad of different applications.

- There are some great tips HERE to help you deal with the influx of mosquitoes this time of year.

Today's quote..."Today, close the door to the past, open the door to the future, take a deep breath, step on through and start a new chapter in your life"


8 comments:

  1. Your little Christmas designs are so cute. The grands will love them. Two things: I LOVE that bar stool, and thank you for sending me down a rabbit hold of looking at laminated fabrics. I think I'm going to put making a fitted laminated tablecloth for my dining room table on my list of things I must do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh oh - sorry about the rabbit hole (although I must admit it's nice to have company down there....).

      Delete
  2. Your little stitcheries are sew cute! I need to make the mosquito repellent bracelet...those darned biters seem to love my white flesh. Excellent quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having fun creating the little stitch pieces - just enough to hold my interest before I can start a new one.

      Delete
  3. Making great progress on your additions to the calendar cross stitch Mary Anne. Liked your quote of the day! Have a lovely weekend! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect they're going to take awhile for me to do but I like that they're little so there's a sense of accomplishment each time I complete one.

      Delete
  4. The bar stool is interesting. Id do it simpler and use it as a plant stand. Oh dear, next I'll be hauling out the PVC piping for this... this is all your doing, Mazzer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh oh - didn't mean to plant ideas in your mind!! Altho - I must say, PVC pipe would work great (just sayin')

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.