MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, April 16, 2018

A start - and a stop


We have had a most interesting weekend (and it's still ongoing)....freezing rain, ice pellets, snow, rain, heavy wind.....you name it, we've had it.  This morning we awoke to what some would call a winter wonderland with all the trees covered in ice.  It may be pretty, but it's downright dangerous.  Fortunately the power, at least here, has stayed on, but that's not the case for many other areas in southern Ontario.  The weather people are now saying we're in for very heavy rain in the next day or so - which is going to create a whole 'nother sort of havoc.  People are being strongly advised to stay home and off the roads, which is precisely what we're doing.  It's better to stop and stay put, rather than risking our lives (and that of others).  

So....being housebound means I can get some work done on the house project.  Over the weekend I laid down the basic pieces of fabric and came up with this...

At this stage I always wonder why I'm even attempting to do this.  It looks awful.  I know it will get better (at least I hope it will!).

And....if anyone is interested....the piece (below) is for sale.  Drop me a message and we'll talk.




Instead of a quote today, I found this interesting tip....


My question is....
how am I supposed to remember
to clench my fist??

6 comments:

  1. We had no power this morning due to this lovely weather we are having. Our street hasn't been cleaned yet but we aren't going anywhere anyway. Roll on spring...please. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you will be safe at home during your crazy weather. We are also having the same weather except for the ice part. So not Spring! Your base fabric is a vision of amazing how you begin your barn/home collage quilts. It is such fun to see your process. I think my husband needs the knitted monster pants! Our real estate agent has nicknamed him Cranky Pants which she says with a smile. Mother Nature is being stingy with her Sunshine. Creative Bliss Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an interesting life hack! The base looks great. The white is easily like the house. It'll be fun watching it take life. We've had bad weather storms in our city too and still some people without electricity after a week - not happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is complaining about the weather. We will probably wake up one day and find that Mother Nature completely skipped Spring and we'll be sweating in Summer temps. Your house started great so far.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:27 PM

    Hi Maryanne your weather sounds terrible,hope you get your Spring soon. I love your work and i know the house will look fantastic,well done my friend and i hope you have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The spring weather is awful! BUT we didn't get the snow from out your way. It's interesting to see your house progress. The household tips are interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.