Over the weekend I finished the crazy quilt barn landscape quilt. Overall I'm pleased with it, but had I a chance to do it over I would choose to use a darker thread to do the machine embroidered seams. Initially I didn't want the seams to be the focal point and take away from the barns....however, now I look at it I think it would have been okay to use a darker thread. Next time I'll know!
I think you should be able to click to
embiggen these so you can see the
details a bit better
And, just to remind you of what the original photo looked like...
- Today I'd like to announce that Stephanie of 'The Enchanting Rose' is currently taking sign ups for her latest exciting teacup and/or mug swap. I've taken part in the last two she had and I can tell you that it's a great deal of fun! This is the twelfth time Stephanie has hosted the swap and she's a wonderful hostess. You can find more details HERE.
- Last time I gave you a link to dyeing yarn in a crock pot and now I've found a couple more interesting articles about different variations. Go HERE for how to speckle dye and HERE for how to gradient dye.
- I got excited when I saw THESE - I usually put my pin container beside my machine when I'm sewing and can't guess how many times I've managed to upset it. One of these would be SEW handy!!
- THIS intrigues me too - it serves a double purpose.
- HERE is a rather nice sewing tote organizer - another great use for small amounts of fabric!
- And HERE is something else that would be really useful!
- Today's quote comes from two favourite characters..."How do you spell 'Love'?" (Piglet). "You don't spell it, you feel it" (Pooh).