Anyone who crafts knows how much fun stash enhancement is...right? Especially when it comes from someone who 'gets' what you do. Well, imagine my astonishment and delight when all these wonderful things arrived via the post office! I have attempted to photograph just SOME of what was
stuffed judiciously placed into a rather large box. Photos simply don't (and can't) do justice to what I discovered inside the box!! (and this is only a taste of what I found in the box)
THANK YOU CAROL!!!
You definitely 'get' me!!
For those of you who are following 'The Saga of the Bernette', perhaps you will be interested to know that it was 'fixed' - in theory, anyway. I haven't been home long enough to be able to test it as much as I'd like but at least it's better than it was. The problem - according to the repairman - was that I (!!) had broken a needle in it and that, in turn, had punctured a hole in the bobbin case. Ummmm.....I have been sewing for probably fifty years and I can't remember ever having broken a needle, and I certainly didn't in this one. Told him as much, but it appears he didn't believe me. At any rate, the bobbin case has been replaced - no charge - and we will see if it's any better. Stay tuned!!
- I found THIS post interesting, if only from the standpoint of reading about someone else who had difficulties with fabric marking pens not disappearing and coming back to haunt you.
- There's a pattern HERE for cute little Easter baskets.
- Mary Ann has an interesting post that references all the names for the March moon - and I must admit that I was surprised about it being called the 'worm moon', among other names. Go HERE to find out more.
- Check out the absolutely adorable Easter bunny tutorial HERE.
- For those of us who knit or crochet there's a really interesting article HERE comparing the actual weights of different worsted yarns that are purported to be the same.
- THESE are done digitally, but wouldn't they be wonderful done with fabric?
- Such a cute wee bunny pattern HERE!
- Have a look at the beautiful fibre art HERE.
Today your quote is from Lee Strobel....."He came into this world to make dead people live"
love your quote for the dayReplyDelete
I would love that mailman too, lol... Love the bunnies and the little Easter baskets. Hugs, ljReplyDelete
What a wonderful friend to send you all those goodies! Good luck with the machine. I've never heard that one about the needle & bobbin. Great links.ReplyDelete
Hi Maryanne oh how lovely to get all those goodies in the mail,have fun with them and fingers crossed your machine is fixed now.ReplyDelete
Happy Easter my friend xx
Never have I heard of a broken needle puncturing a bobbin case! I do sincerely hope your machine is fixed and will now allow you to sew properly to create your amazing Works of HeArt!!! Carol really does “get you and your passion for CQ. Lovely Day Dear...<3ReplyDelete
I am so glad your sewing machine is fixed! Hmmm.... Seems to me you would remember if a needle broke. Enjoy your goodies!ReplyDelete
Awesome goodies! Love the quote!ReplyDelete
I also LOVE my post man....I may even elope with him if he keeps on bringing me gorgeousenessReplyDelete