I have to have THE most indulgent husband! The plans we had on Monday with my relatives fell through so he offered to take me to Len's Mills...woo hoo!!! The closest store is nearly two hours away so it's not a quick hop-in-the-car trip. Normally I am able to stop in when we are visiting our #1 son and his family and it's easy to justify going, but for him to suggest a trip JUST to go there was something I certainly wasn't about to say no to!!!
I came home with lots of wonderful goodies, including this pile of fodder for making my barns...
I could easily have picked up twice as many possibilities but tried to limit myself to just these. Can't wait to play with them!!
Another little pile to show you...
Obviously NOT for barns.
Hopefully I'll be able to show you in the
next day or so what it's destined to become.
I also got some iron-on interfacing, a few balls of yarn and some invisible thread by Gutermann which I'm hoping will work better than what I have.
We capped off the day by having a very late lunch/early supper in one of the restaurants we like. All in all a wonderful day!!
- If I had the patience to knit a large project I would love THIS.
- If you have some felt scraps perhaps you'd like to have a go at making THESE.
- The winter issue of 'Crazy Quilt Quarterly' is now available! Filled with some amazing creations, including the entries from our Musical-themed 2018 calendar contest. Unfortunately we didn't receive enough entries to be able to create the calendar but you can see all the creations in this issue, along with reading wonderful bio's of the designers. (oh, and there just might be a tutorial on how to make my 'A King Is Born' wall hanging too). Here's a look at the cover...
You can order your copy through MagCloud HERE
or through Etsy HERE.
- If you like kaleidoscope patterns and would like to stitch your own, Mary Corbet has just released her pattern book and you can find more information HERE.
- Kathy Shaw has announced a fun stitch-a-long using her latest book 'Fancy Seam Designs'. Go and have a look HERE to find out more and join in the fun!
Today your quote is from another anonymous source:
Logic to Live By
- Make peace with your past so it doesn't spoil your present.
- What others think of you is not worth listening to.
- Time heals almost everything, give the time some time to work.
- No one is the reason of your happiness except you and yourself.
- Don't compare your life with others, you have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Stop thinking too much, it's alright not to know.
- Smile, you don't have to solve all the problems of the world.