Just a reminder - don't forget to enter my giveaway (see my previous post for further information and to enter)!!! So far not too many people have entered so the chances are good that you might win.
I don't often do any sort of company review here, but after having received some exemplary assistance from one such company I thought it would be nice to share so those of us who live in Canada are aware that there are good ones out there. I recently placed an order for some yarn from 'Yarn Canada' and was impressed with their prompt service. I started knitting the sweater I had planned and quickly realized that it was going to be too small and I would need to frog it and make a larger size. Of course that meant that I would run out of yarn before I ran out of pattern. I emailed the company and asked if there was ANY chance they could check their supply to see if they would happen to have any left of the same dye lot. I didn't hold out a lot of hope, but a lovely person named 'Gina' promptly emailed me and said she would see what they could do. A further email from her (within 24 hrs) let me know that indeed they did have that dye lot and told me what to do in order to be sure it was the one they shipped. These days good customer service isn't always forthcoming and so I thought it was fitting to give them a shout out here and let folks know that they're a great company!
- HERE's another really cute project tutorial that might make nice gifts.
- I'm not a tatter, but THIS might be something of interest to those of you who do.
- Kathy Shaw has announced a Quiltathon for her 'Celtic Candy Stripe' pattern and you can find more info HERE.
- Pam Kellogg now has greeting cards and journals featuring her crazy quilts available and you can find out more by going HERE.
- Many of us have old books on our shelves that we really don't know what to do with. Well, have a look at what Suzy has created HERE!!! While you're there, take a little time and explore her blog (and prepare to be blown away!!).
- For those of you who have Barbies in your family, perhaps there might be some patterns HERE that you might like to create.
- For the sewers out there, how about creating THIS for a loved one?
- HERE is a really nice (and different) Christmas table runner pattern. I really like this one and might just make one if I can find the fabrics to do so.
- Hee hee - I dare you to make one of THESE and post pictures afterwards!
I'd like to wish a very happy Thanksgiving to my friends in the US - they are celebrating today whereas here in Canada ours was in October.
And finally, your quote of the day comes from Zig Ziglar...."The greatest source of happiness is the ability to be grateful at all times"