It's really hard to get a decent photo of this, but it's another gift that's going in the Christmas box. ..
It's a crocheted shawl - in the very lovely (and sparkly!) yarn called 'Shawl In A Ball' from Lion Brand. Pretty easy to make - it's just rows of double crochet, chain one. Took about 2 balls of the yarn because I wanted to make it a little wider than perhaps the norm.
- For those that have a four-legged family member of the feline sort, perhaps they would like one of THESE for Christmas (you'll have to scroll down to find the pattern). Or maybe your kitty might like THIS!
- You might like to keep your eye on THIS site where they are starting a '30(ish) Days of Christmas Knitting' series. I like the first pattern so will definitely watch to see what else comes up.
- THIS is a cute little fellow to knit for Christmas - he'd look really cute on a tree.
- For those of us who enjoy knitting socks but have a phobia about the dreaded Kitchener Stitch - have a look at the tutorial HERE for an alternate method.
- If you have young ones on your Christmas list, perhaps they'd love a new fleece bathrobe to wear on Christmas morning? You can find a free pattern HERE.
- For Lego lovers in the world, how about creating a REALLY fun advent calendar/activity for your child? (or an adult, like me, that would like to play too!). Go HERE to read all about it and see some fantastic ideas of what to include!
Today your quote is from Winston Churchill..."We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give"