MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, November 16, 2017

And now - for something different...

How about a recipe?  I haven't shared one for awhile and we found this one really tasty, and even better?  It's made in the slow cooker so it's easy.  Win/win!!

KIELBASA STEW
(SLOW COOKER)

12 oz. kielbasa, cut in half lengthwise & then into slices
4 EACH of carrots and parsnips, cut into 1" pieces
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 large onion, diced
2 c. shredded cabbage
3 c. beef stock
Halved baby potatoes (approx. 3 c.)
1 T. paprika
1 1/2 tsp. marjoram
1/4 tsp. pepper
     Combine all the above in slow cooker.  Cover & cook
on low for 6-8 hours (veg's should be tender, if not cook a little 
longer).  Combine 2 T. butter (or margarine) and 3 T. flour and drop into stew.  Stir and then cover & cook for 15 mins. longer.  

Today your quote is from an unknown source..."If you like someone, tell them.  If you miss someone, tell them.  If you love someone, show them.  Life is too short to keep your feelings inside"




4 comments:

  1. Looks like I will have to get myself a slow cooker. =) This recipe does sound rather delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I love parsnips and cannot understand why they are so expensive here. I only buy them as an occasional treat! Right now, my crockpot is full of beans and bacon - another good option for raw November :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cold weather stew and I love using my slow cooker. Thank you for sharing this recipe. So many fun gift ideas. I adore the Amigurumis yet have never tried to crochet any due to their petit tiny size. Smart reminder in this quote dear. Hugs,,,<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing with all the things you find for us. I was thinking that baby support pillow could be adapted to be rather good on an Airplane! Now I have no idea what that first ingredient is in your stew - now who's being uneducated? haha! I am in stew country, we're going down to 6 degrees in Shanghai this weekend!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.