Now how's THAT for a perplexing blog post title?!!
Today I went back to working on my latest barn project and have, yet again, re-done the grass area. For some reason it simply will-not-work despite my best efforts. I had replaced the 'grass' twice over already and was on the third re-do, which I didn't remember to take a picture of (sorry).
Here's the first effort...
Too much grass. It took over. I hated it.
Here's effort # 2...
After I embroidered on it for awhile it decided it was too bright. Too garish. Too spring green-ish.
Effort #3 (or was it #4??)
PRETEND THE PICTURE I FORGOT TO
TAKE IS HERE
TAKE IS HERE
Please note that picture would show at
least two days worth of embroidery!!
Enter the use of the microwave....and paint....and green food colouring (which, btw, has dyed my fingers green....all ready for Halloween!).....and tea. Add a dab of this, and a dollop of that....oops....throw it out because it turned a yucky shade of dog-poop-brown. Start over. Insert piece of eyelet lace and brew it for awhile. Squeeze out (more green tinge to my hands), rinse and iron dry.
All that, to end up with....
Effort #4 (or maybe 5, depending on your viewpoint)
Will there be an Effort #5???
- If you happen to have (or stumble across) an old suitcase, HERE's how you can re-do the inside. And if you go HERE you can see tons of ideas of what you can do with it once you've done the inside! Oh, and how about making one of THESE out of an old suitcase? (be sure to scroll down to see the finished project). Or maybe one of THESE would be fun.
- There's a free tutorial HERE to make a triple-zippered pouch that has so many uses.
- If you'd like to make yourself (or one for a gift!) a fun Chatelaine, have a look at the tutorial HERE and if you want to see an absolutely beautiful example of a chatelaine have a look HERE. And HERE is another great way to make one.
- If there's a baby on the way, perhaps you'd like to make one of THESE cute little diaper holders!
- HERE's a really nice little Christmas project perfect for stash busting! And THIS is another great stash buster that would make a lovely gift.
Today your quote is from Albert Einstein..."Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"