This seems to be the week for online parties and that's a good thing because what I'm working on isn't ready to be shown and I got nuttin' to show you!!
Many of you will remember that in the spring I took part in the wonderful 'Tea Cup & Mug Exchange' organized (and more than capably run!!) by the marvelous Stephanie of 'The Enchanting Rose'. I had seen references to the swap around the internet and waffled about signing on. I finally did and I had SO much FUN!!!! Up until this point Stephanie has been doing this twice a year and I simply cannot imagine the headaches she goes through trying to organize and keep track of everybody. She very wisely has opted to only run the swap on a yearly basis from now on. This morning her blog post announcing sign-ups went live and I very quickly hopped on board. If you'd like to join in please go and read Stephanie's post HERE for the very simple rules and requirements. You may choose to swap either a cup & saucer or a mug (or you can do both if you'd like!). You only have until September 20th to sign up!
- Many of you are aware of the TAST (Take A Stitch Tuesday) challenge/stitch-a-long that Sharon Boggon runs on her blog. This week marks the final stitch in the current series (never fear, she plans to run it again!). She has also announced a new challenge called 'Beyond TAST'. Have a look at her post HERE for further information.
- Continuing on with the pincushion theme of my previous post, HERE's a great tutorial to make a really lovely one out of wool scraps. She also has a great tutorial to make a pincushion using (of all things!) a bedspring!! Go HERE to see it. And HERE is a great tutorial for an unusual pincushion.
- How I wish I had a bunch of wooden thread spools because if I did I would make one of THESE! And check out all THESE great ideas for using spools!!
- Perhaps your sewing kit needs to have one of THESE to make you happy?
- THIS is beautiful and there's instructions on how to make your own.
- I stumbled across the most amazing musicians and thought you might like to hear them too. Go HERE to hear one of their incredible renditions (and if you want more, just google 'The Singing Contractors' and enjoy!). Scroll down a wee bit when you click on the link.
Today your quote is from an anonymous source but I think it is a fitting one considering the horrible things that are happening around the world...."You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you"
Please go and do something!