The other day I showed you a picture of the three hats I'd finished knitting and now I've completed a pair of fingerless mittens and a cowl that will accompany one of the hats (the one pictured below).
All three pieces were done using Paton's Canadiana yarn. The mitts are 'Jeff's Mitts' from Lorraine Ehrlinger Designs and the pattern can be found HERE. The cowl is a simple pattern I came up with....just cast on 86 stitches and then work one row of K1, P1 followed by a row of K. Just keep repeating until it measures about 7". I think the pattern is actually called 'Broken Rib'.
- THIS falls under the wow-worthy title. Beautiful work.
- THIS is a fun crocheted flower tutorial - not only is it pretty as presented, but the individual 'florets' would be cute on their own.
- THIS is for inspiration only - there doesn't seem to be any directions, but it's fairly self-explanatory I think.
- Smocking seems to be enjoying a resurgence in the form of jewelry and you can go HERE to see a few pieces (be sure to click on the arrows to see further examples).
- If you plan on doing some decorating for fall, perhaps you'd like to make one of THESE.
This is a quote from Tom Bodett..."The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson"