MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, July 17, 2017

Rusting away! and toy for a little boy


This little fellow winged his way out west to live with our youngest grandbaby and by all reports it seems to have been a big success.  So much fun to make, and used up some scrap yarn from my stash. Pattern is 'Donato' and is a free pattern found on Ravelry HERE.  

(and before you ask, no I didn't do the watercolor that he's posing with!  It was painted by my Australian cousin).  

I can't (won't) show you what I'm doing right at the moment because it's an icky mess.  Currently there's little bits of cloth hanging over the chairs on the balcony so they can dry after I've rust dyed them.  Not exciting at this stage (come to think of it....maybe not exciting at ANY stage!!).  


This is another quote from an anonymous source..."We get so worried about being 'pretty'.  Let's be pretty kind, pretty funny, pretty smart, pretty strong"



9 comments:

  1. Love that toy, and that quote - I wish I'd read that when I was a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I think I'll browse around over at Craftsy and see what other classes are offered.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your little bear for your little guy...it made me smile.
    How are you? Long time....I'm back from my travels with no intention to leave the house again for months!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That barn in fabric is amazing. So talented too to make cute toys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute knitted toy. Great review on your Craftsy class you took and which resulted in your first Fabulous Barn quilt. Rusting fabric??? Hmmm...sounds interesting. I agree with this quote...let us all add some Pretty to our days and ways. Summer Sun Smiles...<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, cute bear, just the right size for a little one.
    Looking forward to seeing your new project too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, you have an Aussie cousin. Love your grandbaby's knitted woolly. You most certainly don't have to convince me to add some pretty to my days. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baby toy is cute and cuddly. Nice job! I think I've purchased that same class - however, I haven't watched it all yet. That will come when we move to NS.I do like that cute pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Handsome little fella!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.