MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Rust dye results


All my little experiments are dried and ironed and ready for use.  Not quite sure what  I will use them for but I'm envisioning (with a little more tweaking) that some might end up being barn roofs.  



and this one is my favourite...





The first one is from Lillian Carter (mother of President Jimmy Carter)..."Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself, 'Lillian, you should have remained a virgin"

and this one is from Eleanor Roosevelt...."I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered.  But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue:  No good in a bed, but fine against a wall"


8 comments:

  1. That last quote is priceless! Love it. Rusting fabric is something I haven't done. Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet friend, thanks for the smiles and giggles :) It's always a delight to pop in for a visits! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely rusted fabrics you have created. I am ROFL with this Eleanor Roosevelt quote. Enjoy your barn explorations...<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that first quote!! I always remember Eve Arden saying to Joan Crawford in Mildred Pearce "alligators have the right idea, they eat their young"! Loving those rusted fabrics. Can't wait to see them in your next barn pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:46 PM

    Nice effect. Was the process easy? Is it set in or does it fade with washing?
    I've never really read much about rusting fabric.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice results for the rust dyeing. Good idea to use parts of the fabric for the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the mind is starting to slip for sure. I saw your link for the tutes for landscape sewing. I know I sat there for 5 minutes trying to remember who was looking for some suggestions. Need I go on?

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely! That's something I haven't tried yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.