MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A little more


I've done a little more at my barn project and here's a picture...



I rather doubt that you can see much difference!!  Trust me though, there IS some.  The grass area is complete - the horses are re-done (several times over!!) and there are tons (!) of feather stitches and straight stitches on the trees.  Maybe if you scroll a couple of posts down you can see the difference from when I started.  And you should be able to click to embiggen this picture too.   



Today your quote is from Khalil Gibram..."Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be"






8 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job on the barn and surroundings! How big is this one? You may have said previously but . . . mind is going :) More nice links too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely see lots of progress on your Barn scene. I love your detail stitching and those litttle horses are excellent looking. Great links once again. I wish I could take Suzy's class but all my stuff is packed away. Love the tea bags also. Wonderful quote. Happy Barn Stitching Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your barn is looking very cool. I "embiggened" the photo, as you would say......so much lovely detail to be seen. I am loving this project of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure that is right regarding creativity being good for your well-being. In which case, you do know, you must be the most balanced well-adjusted Blogger I know... Your barn is just a great example of this!
    Meanwhile, I decided I might just have to stay slightly unhinged because much as I admire the tea bag printing as looking absolutely wonderful, I don't think I'd be much good at any stage past the drinking bit!!! But if you want me to send you my old tea bags let me know LOL
    Hope you are having a wonderful day
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your barn is absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's going to be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Maggie,
    I have been an observer for many years and have not taken the time to say 'Hi' or how much I love your posts.
    Well, this time you have done it. Down the rabbit hole I went and have enjoyed each article that lead to the exploration.
    I have enjoyed many of your posts and the little extras that you also put up for our pleasure.
    So a big heartfelt thank you for the lovely escape you always provide.
    Sincerely,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary Anne you are amazing. Within such a short space of time, you have created a gorgeous scene that will be so loved by your friends. Framed it is a wonderful work of art..and love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.