MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, April 21, 2017

Not going to chance it!


I'm almost afraid to see if the camera and computer have decided to play together today, so luckily I remembered I had something on file that I can show you.  Over the weekend I created these cute little bibs for a baby gift....



These came entirely from my stash, always a bonus....the green ones are flannelette and the middle one is recycled denim.   Really easy and quick to make.  I embroidered a rooster on the denim one because the wee little boy is of Asian descent and 2017 is the Year of the Rooster.  


Today the quote is from Pablo Casals..."The child must know that he is a miracle; that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him"

8 comments:

  1. Very cute bibs! Loved the owl dream catcher too! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute baby bibs and how thoughtful to add the 2017 Year of the Rooster embroidery. I love those Owl Dreamcatchers. Great links but too bad time doesn't come with each project. Happy Earth Day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bibs are a must have for little ones great gift idea.
    I've made the crocheted cherry blossoms before, I put them on a crocheted
    scarf, easy and springy.
    I like the quote, and yes, it is very important to celebrate each little child's life, to let
    them know they are a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring! What's that (GRIN). Nice links. Those bibs are dandy and the embroidered rooster is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always nice to create using one's stash. Useful bibs is a great project. I should make some new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little bibs, and I especially love the quote from Casals :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bibs are sooo cute! I love that you embroidered a Rooster on the denim one for the baby boy born in the Year of the Rooster. Hubby is also a Rooster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and I love those Dream Catcher Owls that you linked to!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.