MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

quick announcement

Just a short drop in today, to let you know that Kathy Shaw (Shawkl) has announced that she's taking registrations for her ICQC 103 - "Embellishing With Threads' free online class.  This one covers surface embroidery motifs and includes beaded and silk ribbon monograms along with seam treatments.  Registration is only open until midnight on June 25th, so you will have to hurry.  Go HERE for further info. 

And, because I don't have a photo for you today, how about a little humour?....






Today's quote is from an unknown source... "You cannot hang out with negative people and expect to live a positive life"


7 comments:

Judys Fabrications said...

Oh gosh Mary Ann, that is so true.!! There are some really negative people who hang out at the cafe at mum's Nursing Home, who are always negative and complaining.I now see mum in the afternoon in her room, and avoid them.Coping with my mother and her various issues is enough!
I no longer have friends who used to use and drain me.Being a bit generous does seem to attract people who want to exploit you.Older and wiser these days!!You'll have to let me know how your Daughter-in-love liked her husseif(have I got that spelling right?).
Judy x

Createology said...

Another quote I like and can relate to. Thank you for sharing this link. June JOY...

Christine Barnsley said...

Thank you for sharing the link Mary Anne... I have signed up and I hope I have time to fit all the stitching in as I have signed up for the ICQC 107 Class too.... !! What are you working on next? :) x

Christine Barnsley said...

Thank you for sharing the link Mary Anne... I have signed up and I hope I have time to fit all the stitching in as I have signed up for the ICQC 107 Class too.... !! What are you working on next? :) x

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Just a little comment to say good morning and good day!!
xx, Carol

Janie said...

Mornings can be like that, I get a cup of coffee then go to the pool on mornings like
that.

BumbleVee said...

Well, I want to know how you got that phot of me in my bunny slippers!
... and.... I love the saying for the day....it's so true...negative people can be such a bummer.... I do sometimes have to work on not being one myself..... now, where's some of that "positivity juice"? ....