MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Next crazy quilt profject - beginning

Yesterday I pieced together the parts I need to make another purse.  Brown isn't usually my 'comfort' colour to work with, but we'll see how I get along.  Here's a picture of one of the pieces...


Obviously, with the blue background on the image, I will be letting some blue creep into this one too!
  


7 comments:

  1. It's always good to get out of one's comfort zone. I like the brown and blue goes well with it. I'm not that big on Hallowe'en either although I do like the dress-up part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're such a clever clogs MA!!!
    I mean that in the nicest way as I would love to be able to crazy quilt.

    I'm not a brown girl as I had a brown school uniform for years - but the variation you've used with the blue angel fabric the focal point - it's lovely!

    Have a fun weekend
    hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brown and blue is GOOD! I always love your work, so I'm sure you will have the perfect balance in color.

    Thanks for the links. I haven't gone there yet, but I LOVE Halloween and never get enough of Halloween needle art.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I actually like the brown tones here Mary Anne especially when you combine them with shades of blue to complement your sweet centre!
    Have a lovely Sunday!
    And thanks for your kind comment!
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a very nice sunday with lots of stitching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! And that Halloween piece is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. brown is good....warm and comforting....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.