MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

TUSAL and mumblings

I know I'm a bit late in posting my TUSAL (Totally Useless Stitch A Long) for May, but better late than never...right?

 Above is the rather mediocre gleanings from the past month - obviously not much stitching was done!  Below is my jar of ORTS as it looks with the latest addition.
Go HERE to find out what this is all about!

- - - - - - - - 
Now, on to the mumbling part of this post (altho' I suppose some would say the above was mumbling too!)...

- Mary Corbet of NeedleNThread has done some fabulous stitching combinations and has posted her step by step tutorials for each of them.  She will be adding to her 'Stitch Play' series as time goes on.  Your can have a peek HERE.  Be sure to scroll down and click on the various links to see them all. 

- If you love animals you really should go HERE and see what cuteness there is.  Be sure to scroll down!

- I'm hoping to begin a small series of posts over the next bit to show you the knitted and felted bags I've been making.  They have been my amusement in the evenings.  Some will be Christmas presents and some will be 'just because' gifts.  I think, perhaps, that I might have become a wee bit obsessed with bags!!

- below is a gorgeous photo of Stewie, who was visiting along with our #2 son and DIL.  He is actually a Serengeti cat, long lean and full of muscle.  



 


4 comments:

kaiteM said...

Love that face, totally adorable.

Pam Kellogg said...

Oh, what a gorgeous kitty! I have a full ORTS jar too. I think I'll make a fabric sheet out of it.

Hugs, Pam

~*~Patty S said...

Stewie could be a cat model :)!

Your fiber scrap jar is inspiring MA!

Wishing you and yours a happy weekend
oxo

Maggie R said...

My ORTS Jar is full too but I keep stuffing!!! Time to do something about it..
I was back trying to finish my journal from the class we took from Carole ages ago...
I needed to do the tag for the bookmark so I can finally finish the cover!! I suppose you have finished yours and more. I get doing so many things I'm in a spin most of the time..
The gift shop at the Stratford Theatre wanted some of my things so I have been beading some scarves..Whew never a dull moment..
Now I will look at your older posts to find your journals..They are so much fun to make..
Drop by sometime
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie