MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Ten minute Tute!


In the interest of not boring you overly much with yet more totes, here's a very quick atc I just whipped up.
I used one of my technique backgrounds. The little bird was done using the directions on http://paperbouquet.wordpress.com with a few variations of my own (due to not having all the called-for 'ingredients').
I have a few of those little brass stencils kicking around, including this little bird. I held the stencil against the pre-done background and rubbed a glue stick back & forth until the bird was pretty much filled in. Removed the stencil, sprinkled with embossing powder (returning excess to the bottle of course) and then heated with my heat gun. I would have liked to use black embossing powder, but my choices aren't that extensive!! This process left the bird very dimensional. I then outlined it with a fine Sharpie marker in black. I free-handed the branch (again with my trusty Sharpie!). The leaves were pretty simple...moisten some mulberry paper and roughly tear out vague shapes to represent leaves. Glue down with the glue stick and you're done. Ten minutes tops!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.