MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

TAST...weeks 29 thru 31




I'm a few weeks behind so have been working on three stitches on this doll (which is a challenge through our CQTeers group).
Week 29 was Arrowhead Stitch (yellow). I've done this one before, but it was a first to try to make it curve around the doll. Not sure that I succeeded very well!
Week 30 was the Buttonhole Wheel Stitch (purple) which is one I always have fun with. I will be adding beads to the centre of these at some point. Lastly, week 31 was the Cast-on stitch, which I am familiar with but have only used to make flowers. This time, in the interest of trying to change things up, I decided to do them more free form. Fun!!

I have no real idea of where I'm going with this project, but I'm approaching it as a challenge to my more 'safe' traditional embroidery. We'll see what happens. Now I'm on to this week's challenge stitch...the Crested Chain Stitch (which I have never seen before). Thanks always to Sharon, for leading us and certainly for challenging us to learn new things. I'm lovin' it!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic idea MA -I think the doll will look terrific when you have finished her and what a great talking point.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.