MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Fun arrival in the mail

Today I don't have a picture of my own work for you, but thought I'd share something sweet that popped into my mailbox the other day.  My friend Renee sent a postcard featuring one of her pretty crazy quilt pieces. 


Isn't it pretty?  Renee takes part in the InCoWriMo2018 challenge which involves sending mail throughout the month of February.  Thank you Renee - I love it and seeing your sweet stitching in person.     

Today your quote is from Greg Anderson..."When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life"






11 comments:

  1. Your friend Renee's postcard is beautiful. Checked out your links and I must say the art quilts are amazing. The one of the horse is sublime. Have a lovely day working on your barn, Mary Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:23 PM

    Hi Mary Anne what a beautiful gift to receive ,love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The postcard is lovely. The links to the artists work is well worth a look. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't people creative? I would love to be able to make those wooden planters, the are stunning!
    Hope you are having a good week.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Renee's embroidery is lovely, nice gift.
    And Amanda Richardson's work with silks and velvet is gorgeous, stunning.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to have surprises in the MAIL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful to receive such a lovely postcard from Renee. You sure do find amazing links to share. Fabric artistry is amazing. I do like the bias shawl but my knitting skills are terrible. I like today’s quote. Winter snow and rain is still favoring us...too much! Happy Weekend Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s always lovely to get s surprise in the mail! Love your tips you must spend a lot of time finding them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful postcard. What a lovely gift and work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am definitely behind in my blog reading! I am thrilled the postcard arrived and that you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.