MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Little seams

Today I finished up three little seam areas on Block 5....




And here are the patterns... (cross stitches and straight stitches made up each of these).  





Mumblings...

- If you are attempting to crochet in the round and have problems getting your project to life flat, there's a very helpful chart regarding increases HERE.

- Although THIS is geared towards crocheters in the link, I know knitters will find it useful too.  I'm always searching for an easy way to join yarns and this one might just work.

- I know we're coming into spring in this part of the world, but there are places that are contemplating winter, so I thought I'd give you the link to a cozy warm shawl pattern HERE.

Today your quote is from an anonymous source..."Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you; not because they are not nice but because YOU are"


9 comments:

  1. That quote is so true and one we should all try to live by. Love your crazy stitching on the seams, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote - I had to do just that very thing this week, hard, but I was so so glad at the end that I took the high road.
    Love your little seams and stitching, and all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty additions! Especially love the little heart! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the detail in the seams. Great header too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiny little stitches all in a row...looking lovely! We are Nice and we rise above. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty sweet yellow heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wonderful quote. Sweet stitching. I must visit the link re knitting and joining yarn; it sounds very interesting....thank you, lovely Mary Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this quote; don't lower your standards. Lots of great tips for crochet projects. I liked to make that shawl for next fall/winter. I need to finish up a couple of other projects first. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed this one! Very nice shawl pattern too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.