A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Filling, but not fattening!


Over the weekend I started working on the fillers for Block 5 of the courtship series...







I can't share these patterns with you because they aren't truly mine.  As you can see from the picture above, I've stuck to my plan of having a rose on each block, and from the picture to the right you can see that I've also included the heart.  
You'll see the word I used in my next post.


Mumblings:

- Kathy Shaw has announced her brand new online course (free, btw!).  This one is all about silk ribbon embroidery and you can find further details HERE.  

- The owner of Hedgehog Handworks is retiring which is a both happy and sad event.  Mary Corbet has kindly made a list of alternate places where you can purchase needlework supplies and you can find that HERE.

- Pam Kellogg has a cute little free Easter cross stitch pattern for you HERE.  You can also find the beginning of Part Two of her 'Never Ending Band Sampler' patterns HERE.  

- There's a nice travel tote pattern tutorial HERE.  And THIS is listed as a lunch bag, but I can see a ton of other uses for it.

- In my quest to learn how to use my new sewing machine, I came across an interesting series of articles on how to use some of the various pressure feet.  If you go HERE you can see the beginning of the series and then you can scroll down to continue on.

Today your quote is from Mandy Hale... "You don't always need a plan.  Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens"




6 comments:

Christine B. said...

Beautiful fillers Mary Anne! Hope you enjoy your week! Christine x

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Beautiful stitching and more GREAT links. Thanks for sharing them. I bookmarked a couple.
xx, Carol

Createology said...

Love that you are putting a rose and a heart in each block. Your series is growing with almost five blocks done. You always find the most interesting links and quotes. I am tempted by Kathy Shaw's class but I know I do not have the time to devote to it. I barely finished my CQ class with extensions from Kathy. Wonderful Week Dear...

Wen Green said...

Your stitched flowers are so beautiful! And inspiring, now I want to get out my threads too :) Thank you for your message on my latest blog post, Mary Anne, happy to hear your opinion on my thoughts there.

Baa. xxx said...

It's looking great- thanks for the mumbles.

Judy Cooper Textile Images said...

Lovely stitching. I like the travel tote but alas, too many things to do to add another bag to the mix.