MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, August 26, 2016

M & M's

The first 'M' is for mail - and two special things have arrived in my mailbox.  First of all, 'Boud' send me a wonderful postcard with an image of a painting by Alfred Sisley called 'Snow at Louveciennes, originally painted in 1878.  

Thank you Liz!!

And I received this lovely from Patty...


The card fits inside the pouch.  I forgot to take a picture of the mailing envelope she sent it in too - so cool!  Thank you Patty!


Today your quote is from an unknown source...."Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love"

8 comments:

  1. That Alfred Sisley winter scene is wonderful.
    I do enjoy snow and that scene is idyllic.
    Glad the postman delivered my little pouch to you.
    The pretty red and green postcard you sent me is SO pretty.
    Thank YOU MA.
    Perfect quote to end your post.
    Happy weekend to you and yours from scorching hot Virginia oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I thought a winter scene might offset the heatwave a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Receiving snail mail is always extra special when it contains such beautiful cards from friends. That embroidered coat is gorgeous. Happy Weekend Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some gorgeous links here, Mary Ann. That kitty doesn't look at all happy does she. Cool hexies and the coat is lovely. Love what the postman delivered. The pouch and card are so pretty and I do love that wintry print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gifts! Love the quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great mail you received! I would definitely stitch on a coat if it were wool. But when would I ever find the time!

    I'm watching the news this morning. Someone in Georgia, USA threatened the police department via voodoo. This world is getting too crazy for me!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the links. Cute gifts from thoughtful friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't you just love happy mail....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.