MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, November 06, 2009

How about Chocolate?

No creativity again today, but lots of errands done. We got the paint for our bedroom after months of saving our Canadian Tire bonus 'money' (points, whatever you want to call it!), which is what Jack and I are giving each other for Christmas this year. It came on sale and, with all the 'money' we had, we managed to get all three cans for $20. Now we just have to come up with the oomph to actually DO the job!!

Pam asked me for this recipe so I thought maybe I would also share it here. My husband came up with this after experimenting for awhile. He finally has made the perfect version and I won't allow him to change anything! Let me know if you make it.

JACK'S IMPOSSIBLE CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder (mixed with an additional 2 1/2 tablespoons margarine)*
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (optional, if you are allergic)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup Bisquick
------------
3/4 cup coconut (flaked or whatever you happen to have on hand)

Combine all but the coconut in a blender and blend on high for about a minute. Pour into a large greased pie plate. Sprinkle with coconut. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until 'set'.
*the reason he mixes the cocoa powder with the 2 1/2 tablespoons margarine is to stop the cocoa powder from flying around the kitchen when you turn the blender on. You don't have to do this, but beware the fine powder that will coat everything and NOT end up in your pie!

Before you ask, no, this isn't going to turn into a recipe blog! I just had to come up with something to mumble about.

6 comments:

  1. I have no comment. Hi though. Did you check out the face molds from the link I sent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! Will try it and let you know how it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:32 PM

    Is this the pie that tasted...you know!
    Mrs Noofy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:24 PM

    wDoesn't Jack put the lid on the blender before turning it on? That would prevent the flying cocoa. Also mixing with the sugar will prevent the flying too. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what is Bisquick? We don't get it here in India so I was wondering what I could use as a substitute.I'd really like to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.