It's been a week of eating out way more than we usually do (birthdays, back to back, will do that somehow). Started with breakfast out on Monday, a steak supper on Tuesday, and a lunch on Wednesday. Thankfully the celebrations outta be over until September when we celebrate our anniversary. Feeling quite slothsome after all those meals led to me sitting in front of the computer and surfing where I shouldn't have been. Of course I felt the need to test out my shiny new credit card (a replacement after my old one was compromised). This has arrived - and there's another order coming.
!!!!!!ARGH!!!!!!!!
Did you SEE the photo of what came in the mail?
Well, neither can I
because...
Canada Post couldn't be bothered to buzz
up to tell us there was a parcel waiting to
be delivered.
So now I have to make a special trip to the
depot to pick it up.
As I said....argh!
And, in order to show you that I've been doing something else with at least some of my time, how about an update on the sock yarn mitred squares afghan? (and yes, I know I said I wanted to use up the part-balls I have, but what's a girl to do when some of the colours are lacking??...see above for the latest additions).
I came across this while I was surfing the internet and being that it is tick season and they're evidently very bad this year, I thought I should share it....
- I may have sent you to explore all the free patterns found HERE before, but if I have it was a long time ago and I'm sure there are lots of new ones.
- Have a peek through the gallery by THIS artist! And THIS one too!! Oh, and the paper pieces done by THIS artist!
Today's quote..."Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind"



Your mitered squares are so lovely--nice work on these;))) Hugs, Julierose
ReplyDeleteThey aren't perfect but good enough to keep me warm in the winter...thank you!
DeleteHappy Birthday! 🎂🥳
ReplyDeleteEating out is a joy, a nice break from being home.
The quote has wise advice. However, there have been days when giving somebody a piece of my
mind was a happier day. 😎
May
Thank you for the b'day wishes. Eating out is nice, but not three days in a row! We're not used to consuming that much food.
DeleteUSPS wouldn't have notified, either - not your granny's postal service, is it?!? i know that the Powerful want to privatize it and crappy service is part of the Plan - boo!!!!
ReplyDeleteAs time goes on Canada Post is getting lazier and lazier - and going further and further in the hole financially. They scream that people aren't using them anymore - well, if their service stinks, what do they expect.
Deletei forgot to wish you and the RC happy birthday!!!
DeleteWe both thank you!
DeleteI suppose that's the disadvantage to apartment living. Are the mailboxes not big enough for parcels? Our cluster has two big sections, and they leave the key and instructions in the regular mailbox. You open the bigger compartment, the key will not retract so you can't accidentally go off with it after you retrieve your parcel. But those are on the street, maybe a different setup. Canada post isn't on the side of the user, I see.
ReplyDeleteNo, our individual mail slots aren't big enough for parcels. We do have a separate parcel area with sections and keys like you describe, but I suspect those were full. All the same, it would have taken five seconds to call up and I would have gone down.
DeleteHappy Birthday! Love your afghan. So colorful. Always enjoy all of your discoveries and mumbling.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteHappy Birthday!!! Yes, the ticks are rampant this year in many places, unfortunately, including here in Montreal, Canada. Thank you for sharing the meme about Lyme disease! Very important for people to know! Your squares are really beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYes, it seems that ticks are on the rise here in Ontario too. We've all been told to watch for the bull's eye rash but evidently it's not the only thing we need to watch for. And thank you for the b'day wishes!
DeleteHappy Birthday. Ticks are terrible right now, but a few more very hot days should see them gone. Harvey had his birthday today and is now 76 years old. Hard to believe that we have been together since he celebrated his 24th (dating).
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Supposed to be the worst year yet for ticks so we need to be vigilant. Happy birth day to Harvey!
DeleteOur doctor gives us a Doxycycline prescription every year specifically for tick bites. No matter the appearance, she has us take 2 tablets immediately after finding a tick bite. Luckily we have both been clear so far this year. We also drown ourselves in DEET when we go outside. My friend has Lyme and it's awful.
ReplyDeleteI have a friend who has it too and it's a life sentence. She's had so many health issues because of it and she didn't have the bulls eye rash that they used to say was the only indication. It's a scary thing, for sure.
DeleteSounds like Australia post who has decided they can't be bothered delivering to our door anymore... sigh... the afghan is looking so pretty! xx
ReplyDeleteCanada Post spends lots of time whining about how much money they're losing (the government has bailed them out too many times to count) but their service is terrible so people will look for other alternatives. Sadly some businesses are still using them. I'm liking the afghan even though the Resident Chef thinks I've lost my mind.
DeleteI hate it when delivery people just throw your package on the door step without knocking on the door. It would take an extra few seconds to do that, just lazy in my opinion!
ReplyDeleteIt would take a split second to knock! I think they're afraid to, for fear they get into a conversation. They're timed with all their deliveries so that could be one of the reasons.
Delete