MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, July 31, 2026

The base

 The base is put together for the landscape as you can see...


Now to start adding some of the details!

- There's a good article HERE regarding choosing colours for a project.

- Have a peek through the amazing creations of THIS artist!

- THIS takes you to a printable paper pieced rose pattern.

- It's the time of year when you might like to try doing THIS.

Today's quote..."Sometimes when one door closes, you need to nail a board over it"


12 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love that streaky mossy green piece in the grounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I wonder about my fabric choices so glad you like the look.

      Delete
  2. That landscape is moving at warp speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This part of it is usually a fast put together. Now comes the quilting and the details.

      Delete
  3. So pretty. Reminds me that I've planned to watch Little House on the Prairie this weekend.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun comparison to Little House - thank you.

      Delete
  4. Love those rolling hills on your "base";))) Gives such nice movement on this one hugs from steamy-hot CT, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, by the time I'm done, they'll look like harvested fields....at least that's my plan! Try to stay cool.

      Delete
  5. Looks interesting. I see a lot of directions it can go.
    May

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha ha!!! i lurve that quote!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.