I'm back in the land of tech and the proud new owner of a Lenovo All-In-One along with the learning curve that goes along with it. I'm utterly amazed at what the tech guy could do - I no longer have umpteen-dozen cords running all over the place (everything is now wireless). No longer do I need to have a router which makes the internet far faster (who knew?!). No longer do I need a separate camera to use for video-chatting - it's built in. No longer do I need a separate anti-virus program - it's built in. No longer do I need a box full of CD's for various and assorted programs - everything comes with it, including a non-dinosaur word processing program (I was running Word 2007). No longer do I need a shoebox full of manuals/CD's/how to's. I have entered the current century!!
I will be publishing your recent comments but won't take time to respond to them and will start again from now (so I will respond to the comments on this post, but not the previous ones) and I have been managing to read your blog posts on my phone but haven't been able to respond. Next 'up' on my dance card is going to be replacing my phone but I'll leave the dust to settle a bit before I undertake that new adventure.
Onwards....
UPDATE! Well,that didn't last long. Finally got the computer up and running (with the capable assistance of 'my guy') and then the provider for our cable tv/landline/internet went down for several hours. The upshot of THAT issue is that it's left the tv not working and it's telling me I have to go in and reset everything back to the beginning which I have NO clue how to do.

Congrats on your new computer...it'll be so much easier all around for you...hugs, Julierose
ReplyDeleteAt the moment the computer is indeed easier, but see the updated post to read about my latest tale of woe.
DeleteHi dear friend, welcome back. 🙏 I am very happy 😊 to see your post.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a lovely week.
Thank you! I'm happy to be able to blog again, for sure.
DeleteWelcome back!
DeleteAnything you want to do will be online either on YouTube or the Lenovo manual. Ask how to reset the model you have and the results will appear.
Good luck
May
I figured it out - more by luck than good management!
DeleteNo router? How do you get connected without a router? I'm mystified.
ReplyDeleteApparently our cable provider has the router built in...don't ask me how.
DeleteCongratulations and commiserations! You and I have been on parallel tracks with our email, computer, camera, television, and phone difficulties. I'm very glad you've broken free of the technological morass! Huzzah!
ReplyDeleteWell I can't say I'm fully free - still have to figure out the cell phone situation and I'm leaving the tablet until the next time we visit our family out west and will get our son to set up a new one. I know there's nothing wrong with either the tablet or the phone besides the on/off button not working.
DeleteDon't you just love new technology??? NOT!!! Our less than a year old range's oven fan is making a noise like a machine gun going off!! What we had to go through just to get a claim in BEFORE we could get a GE repair person to come was unbelievable...
ReplyDeleteDH had to get down on the floor with a flashlight and magnifying glass to find the model number underneath the pull out drawer!!!!!
CRAZEE!! Very disappointing. Plus his cellphone kept on going to black screen and shutting off in the middle of conversations with
agents to set everything up!!! S I G H...I totally commiserate with you...hugs, Julierose
I was extremely lucky that the computer guy was willing to come to the apartment to get me up and running. Of course the tv issue happened after he was here so for that I was on my own. The RC is not the least bit techie. I'm not much better but I try. And yes, why do they put model and serial numbers in a spot nobody can even begin to find, much less get to. I feel for you!
DeleteI have had Lenovo computers for the past 10 years and just love them. However the guy who sold me this laptop gave me more a notebook sized one which is really hard for me to read the screen. Kris bought me a large monitor for Christmas one year and that has saved me from straining my eyes.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I had never heard of Lenovo before this so I'm glad to know that you have liked yours.
Deletei've missed you!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm certainly glad to be back -it's amazing how unsettling it is not to be connected.
DeleteOh gosh, computer issues are such a nuisance! I hope everything is working properly for you soon!
ReplyDeleteBrand spankin' new computer for me - with more bells & whistles than I need. Learning curve for sure!
DeleteTechnology eh! The cause of many a headache here too. I hope you get everything back on track soon!
ReplyDeleteCiomputer is sorted I hope - but the phone is next on the list but I'm waiting to tackle that. As for the tablet, I'm not going to bother for awhile because I rarely use it.
Deleteoh technology!!!! Love it or hate it... it is always a challenge! xx
ReplyDeleteI'm not a technie, that's for sure, so if anything goes haywire I'm at a complete loss.
DeleteWe recently joined the 21st century and had fiber optic wifi installed. We still needed a router, but it works pretty good. Better than anything else we've tried. Now, if we could just get rid of wires, it would be truly amazing.
ReplyDeleteI can't guess how many cords the computer guru did away with when he installed the new computer. 21st century for me too!
Delete