I finished a small project that is destined for the Christmas box....
This measures about 11 1/2" square and the pattern I used came from HERE.
As a little aside that falls under the 'small world' category, my friend and I were video-chatting and for some reason childhood toys came up. She was talking about a Lassie dog pajama bag she had as a child and we began to wonder if we had both had the exact same one. I scrounged around and found this picture of my bedgraggled, much-loved, Lassie and sent to her. Amazingly, it turns out it's the same one as she had.
Somehow I doubt hers was in quite as bad a shape as this one!

Shades of the velveteen rabbit :) And speaking of shades, the ones in your thistle make it look like stained glass!
ReplyDeleteYes, my Lassie dog was pretty well loved and I kept it for years before I finally thought it was time to part with him.
DeleteRe the stained glass thought - it certainly could be if I were to add a small strip of black between the pieces....something to keep in mind for the future if I ever make it again.
How gorgeous! I absolutely love your creative talent!
ReplyDeleteMy cousin and I are of Scottish descent so I know she will problably like this...thank you!
DeleteThat bag was certainly well loved! Is that kind of thing something you make for the grandchildren?
ReplyDeleteI don't think pajama bags are a thing anymore - at least I haven't seen any on offer in any stores. And yes, mine was certainly well loved!
DeleteNeat Thistle flower--really pretty...I have finally finished quilting my four placemats...Helga is set up for quilting so...I will be working on my various "Littles" that have to be quilted...hugs, Julierose
ReplyDeleteI liked the thistle design when I first saw it and knew I had all the 'makings' in my stash which is always a bonus.
Deletethat's my kind of thistle - pretty doggone cool!!!
ReplyDeleteYep - no prickles in this one!
Delete